View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #153
LandsVW OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
woo hoo! 1 tire fixed!

ok, ok, it was the 3rd try... only poked a hole in it the first time tho. 'finally' figured it out, and used lots of soapy water to get things to get back in to place! my hands is tyred! (pun intended)

Well, tire irons helped a lot, soapy water, a little air in the tube. I actually tried the other method as well, by wrapping it in parachute cord but couldn't get the tube to stay inside the tire. Soooo, after 2 original dismounts (removing good tire from XL wheel and bad tire from XR wheel) finding the wrong tubes, ordering new tube, a mount punching 1 hole in the new tube, and then another dismount to fix the hole, ordering a rim strip and tire irons, a partial mount -getting scared and deciding to try the parachute cord completely dismounting said tire - then FINALLY a complete mount w/o holes!

So, what, about 2 weeks and 2 hours monkeyshining around with the tire? but I think I could do it in maybe 1/2 an hour if Had to do it again - which I will as the front one seems to be losing air too...
LandsVW is offline   Reply With Quote