View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #14
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,612
well amigo I think you need an assitant that speaks Spanish and just let me know so I can clear my schedule and ride with you.. I mean work for you.

here is what I wrote you in the KLR site

hey amigo!! you are going to costa rica!!!

let me tell something, my first bike that I bough in 2004 was a honda Bros 125 cc with drum brakes front and rear like the one you have picture, I know it is not the same bike but i never had scares on it, and I drove that bike for 4 year and 10,000 km (6K miles) even did the I-5 for 2 miles (then I decided I did not wanted to die!! and got off), the drum brakes can be very good, I never service them (maybe I should have) and my first stopping SCARE came 1 day with the stock brakes of my 2005 KLR!!! and that thing had weaker breaks that my bros! I know I was going a tad faster on the KLR (maybe 20 mpg faster) but one day I saw some car plates SO up close even my friend who was ridding behind me asked if i wanted to come that close or... YES I had to really pull the brakes to stop! so the next day I order a 320 mm front brake for the KLR.

of course I never drove on wet stuff and it was not hard to lock the rear break.

This bike is also sold in Mexico, but I do not remember since when because it was not for sale in 2004 when I bough my Bros, any way it is a bike to explore and it is light so if you fall no problem just get the bicycle up and go!

Amigo have a lot of fun down there!

Damasovi