View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #592
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Listened to that Miller interview
Miller criticized Gordon for blaming others for problems that kept him from winning, then explained that he (Miller) would have won more often if he had better navigators. I've watched a lot of media on Gordon, and he is often explicit in taking responsibility when talking about problems.

So Robby comes across a bit more brash than others. Peterhansel calls him a cheater, and Gordon says Mini's are for girls. I vastly prefer Gordon's impulsive comments to the smug superiority of Miller and Peterhansel. I didn't dislike Peterhansel before, and I liked Miller, but I've lost some respect for both of them. I have no doubt Gordon has his flaws and worse moments, but I've seen so many good moments from him I find myself liking him more and more.

Well, if I take my own point, I'd have to admit I shouldn't be judging Peterhansel and Miller by what I see as some of their worst moments. Still, a lot of criticism of RG doesn't seem reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
If you had been listening you would have heard Mark praise a large number of Dakar winners. I doubt your hero would ever say anything like that.
Quoting Robby in an Interview after Stage 13
"It's just too bad that I got off track on Day 1. . . . I can't say enough about Peterhansel and those guys on the job they did this year, phenomenal! Just not very fast, but [he made] no mistakes again. Awesome job."

Strong Bad, I'm sure you have your reasons for not liking the guy. I'm just saying . . .
Death Valley Ride

Dread Pendragon screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 01:08 PM
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote