View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #17561
practicalshooter
Posteriophobiac

Oddometer: 154
While we wait for the red lantern...

From main Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, just now. Google translated for the sake of entertainment.

Ullevålseter closed Dakar with snout in thorns
- Not quite the ending I had hoped for.

(Dagbladet): Pål Anders Ullevålseter today completed its tenth Dakar rally. An impressive feat in itself of the 44-year-old, although the location was the weakest he has noted if we ignore the one time he had to retire through injury.

He was number 14 on the leg, and number 16 in the summary. The nine previous times he has ended up in ninth place or better.

- This year's Dakar rally has been tougher for me than before. Aside from some minor injuries in that I lost time, I've gotten tougher competition than expected from some hitherto unknown riders. These are better for enduro and motocross than me, that is more hilly terrain, less sand and open countryside, says Ullevålseter in a statement.

He says that the easier navigation challenges in this year's rally has made the new has not lost as much of a lack of routine in this area.

- I will therefore add a bit of training and other preparations ahead of Dakar 2014, says Ullevålseter.

Today's stage was not a charmer leg, and Ullevålseter was no perfect finale.

- Typically usually last lap and be quite easy, but it was not today. It was challenging for places and the dust was from start to finish - for everyone. Feel like I ran pretty well today, except that went right before the finish into a bramble bush. Not quite the ending I had hoped for and it cost me about 15 seconds - not that it had any impact either on stage or in total, he said.

Location despite he is pleased to have completed another tough Dakar rally.

- It's quite nice to finish Dakar for the tenth time. I look forward to coming home and not so disappointed that I'm outside the top ten for the first time in his career. This is great to be part of and I think it feels good to have completed enough away.

Back to live program.

GO GO GO LUIS