View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Cyath OP
Impetulant Ignoramus

Oddometer: 430
Classic bonehead move...with bad results

I'm a moron, and I need help in undoing my mistake.
Let me bring you up to speed.
2010 990 Adventure with 16K trouble-free miles. Then last night, leaving from work, it wouldn't start. Cranks but wouldn't catch ignition. Ran the battery down trying to fire it up. Trailered it home.
Just got my CJ Designs fuel pump rebuild kit 2 days ago, so while the battery was being re-charged overnight, rebuilt and changed out all the fuel filters, which by the looks of it, it needed.

Here's where I fucked up. Anxious to see if it would fire up, I just slid the batt in with the poles reversed and of course when I tried to fire it up, the whole console was dead. No lights, nothing. Less than 30 seconds before I realized my mistake, but it was too late. I'm sure I fried something, but I can't find it.

Reinstalled the battery correctly, nothing. No lights, console dead. All the fuses in the storage box are intact.
The 30A, 40A and 25A fuses the down on the right hand side of the bike are all intact.
Are there any other fuses I'm missing?
Called my local dealer and they said to check the Starter Solenoid. I'm still searching through the forum and microfiche to find out where the hell it is.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

Cyath is offline   Reply With Quote