View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #50
CSF OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
This mornings work was pretty uninteresting, mostly cleaning up some smaller items and organizing things. I sanded and painted the centre stand black, did some work on the Hella horns. Unfortunately I have the Made in India version, so they were pretty rusted. Especially the hardware, which I will switch out with something more durable.

Next thing to do was start looking at the front end. I put the frame on a dolly and started disassembling.

Everything went pretty smoothly, the front caliper and break pads look in much better condition then the rear. I did order a new set of pads but I think I'll save them until the front wears down a bit more. I'll clean and lube the caliper and then reinstall and bleed it.

I started looking at the forks, I was considering rebuilding them, but the action felt smooth with no sticking and the fluid looked and "smelled??" clean. The previous owner said new seals had recently been installed, I asume the means new fluid as well. On inspection they looked new and weren't weeping or leaking so I'm not sure if it necissary to get into any sort of fork rebuild right now.

I zip tied the frame to the dolly and spray a bit of degreaser on the engine and let it sit.

There are a few rust spots and worn areas on the frame, I'd like to touch them so thorough wash was in order. I sealed of the carb and exhaust and then wheeled everything outside to spray it down.

That's it for today.

CSF screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 02:13 PM
CSF is offline   Reply With Quote