View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
It has started....

Alex and I loaded up and left Albany on Monday morning. Uneventful all the way to Ashland.

We put our spare tubes in plastic bags, added baby powder, and taped them up. I used duct tape...Alex only had brown packaging tape...hopefully no one sticks a knife in it.

Did some last minute prep work. It was freezing outside so.....

The adventure began on Wednesday morning. We secured a ride with Casey and Bill through a rideshare ad on craigslist. We met at Albertson’s in Ashland:

We quickly learned that Bill was one hell of an interesting gentlemen with enough BS to entertain your crazy uncle. He also learned that he can’t drive or see for shit. As we go through the corners of the Siskyou pass he jerks the wheel hard, then straightens it up until almost going into the next lane, then jerks hard again until you almost hit the guardrail, and then repeat…. This is how Bill corners. This is what happens to your bikes when Bill corners:

It wasn’t until we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch and Bill removed his glasses that we found the culprit. One of his eyes was literally looking at the upper outside corner of his eyebrow while the other is looking at the corner of his mouth.
The PROBLEM: My new tires were sitting on the left side of my bike. My boots were on top of the tires, my jacket and pants were on top of the boots. I lost about gallon of gas that was supported by the cellophane wrapped tires. Boots were submerged and new KLIM gear soaked! SHIT!!
I geared up in gas soaked clothing and made it to our buddies place in San Fran. Ran the KLIM gear through the washer twice and it still smells terribly. All you can do is laugh about it.

Romanousky screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 08:28 PM
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote