View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #27
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
I found out that everyone who told me that MSR and PRIMUS have interchangeable thread patterns are lying!! My XGK fuel pump leaked like a siv once I pumped it up. It screwed on to the Primus bottle fine but doesn’t work under pressure. So Alex made a sweet stove out of 3 beer cans.

The next morning we hit the road. Absolutely amazing riding up and down the hills of the coastline. We stopped at a beach and some surfers told us we had to go spend the night in Jalama beach. The road to get there was 14 miles of perfect biking and got a decent spot on the beach. Some Coors and a bottle of Jameson later and we slept well.

Got up and hammered the road through Santa Barbara, Malibu, and then dove into the LA interstates.
Somewhere along the way I tried to hop a curb...bike dosen't handle quite the same as it used to:

Tonight (Saturday) we stayed with a friend of mine in LA. My bike is slightly leaking coolant at the water pump and a little oil from the clutch cover. We’ll do a little bike maintenance tomorrow and then cruise to San Diego where we will stay with my Aunt. Then hit the border early Monday morning. YES!!

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote