View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #3721
r3r3r
Wildebeast

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by panglao View Post
Hi All,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Tim and I live in Santa Cruz, I'm retired which also means I'm not as quick and agile as most of you guys and gals!

I have a BMW G650GS, which I just put some decent DS tires on. I would call myself an OK, kind of cruiser on the street and relatively inexperienced on the offroad stuff on a big bike, but want to learn more and would like an occasional buddy to ride with, don't want to get in trouble by myself!!

Btw: I have experience Offroad, just not on the bigger bike, I have ridden, MX, ATV's and driven 4x4's offroad in Hollister, Dunes, Sierra's and Nevada mountain deserts

I'm available 7 days, for say 1/2 day rides, would like to try Summit Road - Mt Madonna.....dirt, fire roads....

cheers

Tim
Welcome to ADV. I am also in SC (there are a lot of ADV/dual sport folks in the area). As you know, there isn't a lot of dirt here, but Summit can be part of a fun loop (esp. if Highland is open/passable for a return after Corralitos, etc.)

Not many local rides organize here (but some do), you may also want to check SBR (South Bay Riders) where there are a few more local rides posted.

This weekend would be a great one for riding. I usually spend most of the winter off the moto and on the mountain bike (wet roads and cold winds are not my ideal conditions for riding a motorcycle). I'm out for this weekend though, as I am waiting on a battery for my XRL.
r3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote