View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #1592
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
I've been looking hard at both the Sertao and Terra. Ive only ridden the Sertao, but i have sat on the Terra. The Beamer ergos felt a touch better for me (6'3", can also get a taller seat) and also for my wife on the back. At this point I still lean towards the Beamer: better resale, better aftermarket support, better passenger ergos, better wind protection, longer warranty, and a longer track record (if you count the Dakar). Since my KLR was offroad enough for me, either bike will be an improvement. Wile the ABS aren't top notch, it's still a good feature for most riders. The Husky looks like a good deal, and is probably the better bike for local solo riding, but but for my use the points I mentioned earlier mean something. If you are in the Northeast, Max BMW looks to have some solid deals on their 2012 Sertaos ride now....some are offered at $8500, and I don't think the Huskies are at the point where there is much bargaining room yet.