View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbbnm View Post
I have Mapsource 6.16.1 on one computer and I think one rev newer on my Notebook.

I went back and looked at your description of the route. I found a place called Bennet's Well and I found Redland's Canyon. My National Parks 24k topos show a road most of the way thru Redlands Canyon but only to a spring and not on out to Panamint..
6.16 may be problem. Many of us never went past 6.13 because of problems.

Escape route was walked, it is not open to vehicles except in very few places. There are roads to kind of basically follow it. Warm springs cyn, Mengle Pass, Gohler cyn, around south end of Panamint damp lake, up Fish or single track to Manly pass. There is jeep road down Ishm but it has big water falls that are not fun on bike, P190 jeep road to south is what to take. I have been down on bike but not possible up. No one knows exactly where they crossed are Argus range to Indian Wells but it is now China Lake Navel Weapons Station and closed anyway.

Redlands had big dry ter fall that only a one eyed mule got up and down. Horses they brought back could not get up it and were dead when they retured. They plushed oxen over it and none broke legs. children were carried in saddle bags on the oxen.

Now the Briggs mine has taken all of Redlands cyn.