View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #84
crobox OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerb View Post
Also, I reckon the o ring locator in your photo probably got partially dislodged and left at this angle when you were removing the clutch cover.
No, definitely not. There are wear marks on the aluminum tube, small areas where it was flattened, which show clearly that it was sandwiched tightly against the oil pump outlet for some time. If I remember, I will take pix of it tomorrow and post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerb View Post
I replaced this seal last week and it cost me all of 5 bucks from my local bearing supplier! The size is 14 x 22 x 5mm.
OK, thanks. But... I wish I had a local bearing supplier! The town I live in, population 6000, doesn't even have a motorcycle store!! You can't buy stainless steel here! A bearing supplier would be a dream! Closest one I know of is 400 miles away in Denver. Everything is by mail order. But thanks for the size... it will help me mail order the right item if mine is shot.
crobox is offline   Reply With Quote