View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #798
rtwpaul OP
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasjay View Post
Loving the photos! A few quick questions (mostly photo related) if you don't mind. Do you carry and use a tripod? Do you think it would be a mistake to consistently carry my Canon 60D in a tank bag on a KLR650 (MN to Buenos Aires)? I'm concerned about vibration and theft. Also, would you recommend carrying extra gas? I notice you do this. Thanks!!!
i actually carry two tripods, one of those tiny little ones about 6 inches tall in my tank bag and a big one in my saddlebags, i use them very rarely but when you need it you really need it, depends what kind of photos you are looking for

I have the DSLR in my tank bag, i put a layer of soft rubber in there about 3/4 inch thick then i also put my flip flops in there that way its sitting on about 1 1/2 inches of padding so i haven't had any problems, as for the theft issue, when i get off i take my tank bag and then everything else on the bike is locked, mine turns into a back pack

i do have spare gas cans, 99% or more of the time they are empty, but because i had been south before i knew there were areas that i may need them and as they are hard to find in some countries, so i bolted them on, i would use the rotopax if you have a place to mount them, very good solid design
rtwpaul is online now   Reply With Quote