View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #22667
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 791
Thumb Highland Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Seems like you guys have more issues/accidents on your beast/carnage rides than we ever do on our fastburns through Eglin/BW..... That guy that opened his truck door as you guys were passing and made whoever wreck, should have been drug out through the window of his door and beaten, you have to be shitting me for senseless crap like that!

On a good note, Highland Park was E P I C ! ! ! We started off on the 3D and 4D trails and eventually tempted fate on the 5D trails. All of the trails were just unbelievable and the 5D trails were a lot of off-camber climbs in conditions (wet/muddy/slick) that weren't that ideal for them. Over the 2 days, Rotorhead and I probably rode 90% of all the trails to exclude most the 1D and 2D trails. After about 2 hours of riding yesterday, I decided that I didn't have enough before lunch and wanted to test myself on lucky #13 (5D/Superman trail). Rotorhead said have at it and I'll meet you at the cabin for lunch. All I can say is that don't ever try the 5D trails, especially #13 by yourself. 1.5 hours later I finally drag myself off the trail completely spent/zapped of energy from 2 hill climbs that resembled something out of Erzberg, that literally took me 30-40 mins each to climb on multiple attempts taking breaks on portions part of the way up while holding the front brake, so my bike doesn't slide backwards down the hill, that I tell myself that I'm done for the day. This trail has nothing on anything in CO (mental fear) and was literally the most physically demanding trail that I have EVER ridden in my life. I've never felt so defeated but completed in the end, which was a feat in itself. All in all we had an awesome time, and the trails at Highland Park are probably the best in the SE portion of the U.S.! To have that many trails, that well maintained, and organized, that it doesn't compare to anything else!

I'll post some pics up soon.
Great ride report Ian. I am definitely going to plan a trip up there before it gets hot!!
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote