View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,114
Getting close...5 days till departure. On a trip down the Mexican pacific a while back, had a black, 4 season First Gear jacket with good ventilation; still, the humidity was incredible at times and you just sweat a downpour. Was tempted to just forget an mc jacket because I've been in this area of CR before and have used shorts / t-shirt / sandals the entire trip--the long sleeve shirt and pant didn't even get out of the suitcase. But, I figured I'd give a mesh jacket a try. This arrived this morning and fits like a glove.

Will have to go for a test ride in it even if it's not designed for the 37 degrees we have this morning.

I'm taking tent, camping supplies, light sleeping bag. I've only really camped once in CR. In 1989 along the Caribbean side, south of Cahuita at a spot called Punta Vargas. Got there by riding a bicycle from Limón. A full week along the beach, under palms...even survived a group of howler-monkeys' feces bombardment--foulest smell I've ever encountered, spent half an hour washing myself and tent fly off in the ocean. But I was alone and felt uneasy leaving the tent alone for long periods of time. It will work though for an over-night beach trip. What I really want to do though is camp at a "lote" that my wife and I purchased several years ago, 7 acres in the forest, half way between "Platanillo" and "Barú" north of the red hiway line. Longer term plan is to build on it, but short term I want to camp there a few nights to see what's like at night.

All this is dependent of the bike's ability to get me back in there...or rather on mine!
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote