Yeah, luckily I started early - I have until August. I knew if I let it go until then, it would never get done. I'm still not there, but I can't see any reason why I won't be by August. If not, I have serious problems!
On to my deeds of the day, so I can cross a few more things off the list and go to sleep with a clean conscience!
I pulled out the rear brake lever and brake rod. The rod was scrap by my standards, so I had purchased a shiny new stainless one. I forgot to take a new vs old photo, but here is the old:
Rear brake lever before:
Rear brake bracket after cleaning:
And mounted. I need to adjust it a bit, but the rear brake is functioning, so that's a good sign!
I didn't tackle the front brake yet, but I went ahead and cleaned up the cable brackets. One before, one after:
And a shot of the rear brake almost ready to roll.
I have a few other things on the list that would be fairly quick and easy to do. I'm hoping to get at least one of them done later tonight. Unfortunately, it's 15 degrees out right now and I'm quickly approaching the end of the jobs that are clean enough for me to do inside the house!
Guess I'll be back to the cold, cold garage soon!