View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #22670
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,904
Ride Report from Gees Bend Ferry Run

Started out a little later that I planned today since my riding partner hurt his back and couldn't come. After about 5 miles I started regretting wearing my Joe Rocket jacket without the liner.....I was freezing!

Didn't take a break till Burnt Corn two hours non-stop!

Being that I left an hour later I didn't really think I'd make it for the 11:15 ferry and just figured I'd grab a hot cup of coffee in Camden before turning south on the Alabama Dragon. Crazy thing is when I arrived in Camden, it was only 11:05, so I had a full ten minutes to get to the ferry!

After the deckhand took this photo, I remembered that I had my Frogtoggs in the trunk so I put on the rain jacket over my JR to block some of the cold air...

Saw a HUGE buck about to running front of me as I was heading north of the ferry on 29!

Stopped for lunch in Pine Hill at Manees before heading down SR. 1 through Lower Peachtree. Turned onto CR35 and proceeded to fly south to 84.

Stopped for coffee at the Huddle House in Monroeville but couldn't take the second hand smoke! Can't believe they still do that in restaurants.....

Stopped for a moment by Col Travis' house in Perdue Hill before checking out the Alabama River bridge from below...

Stopped in Repton and I'm sad to say that it is truly a ghost town now that even the little general store is closed! The old train cars gone too...

All in all, a great day of riding.
338 miles in 8 hours!
At least I didn't have to watch that parody in Washington play out on TV!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!

Woods Rider screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 05:06 PM
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote