Grabbed a small crew of three and headed out to Ridgecrest for 2 days of riding. Great times - temps in the low 60's, no wind, no traffic, no crashes, no flats. It was a time of reflection for me as my KTM 990 sits at the insurance lot awaiting an appraisal on an incident I had on the street recently. Lucky for me I have two bikes and only one semi-sore rib cage....and SOME LANCE ARMSTRONG STINGER WAFFLES!!! OH YEA~!
The XR650R Owners Club. Paul, Bert, Me.
Trona Pinnacles - planet of the apes.
He was a thinker - he was a dreamer, he was a midnight toker.... or something like that.
Poor Heisman....I guess
Look Ma....No People!!! Towley - "I have no idea what's goin on right now"
Personally - I like the open runs on the BRP. Perhaps cause I am not so good on a hairpin turn on a single track on the side of a cliff. (vid later)
Everyone has their lunch process.
Me - I eat Goo...and soon Waffles.
Bert loves his Jerky...
Funny how we saw so may closed trails out this time. Marked with little red posts. This was one that was open and fun - - if you like sand, sand, and rocks.
On with it..
One trail of many
some flowers do bloom in January
Ride, pigs, ride.......
I spy an upside down plate....
(i'll take 3 suggestions on how to 'legally' display a plate on the BRP) the rivet to the fender thing doesn't cut it with our cops.
Case and point. This plate is on, but really not going to pass....
I haven't really been to Ridgecrest while is has NOT been windy. This time - less than 5 MPH and perfect.
Fun deep sandy
Who says the desert is boring?? No way, no way.....
Sorry I didn't take a lot of "moving photos" but logistically it was way too dangerous..
We got into some harder sections - up and down, rocks, ruts, so I needed a little help from a friend. I heard this is all natural though..... Yer my Heeero... Speaking of "Stinging" bees Lance, this is REALLY good marketing bro!
My Honest Personal Top 10 Lance Slapbacks:
1. I am allergic to bee stings - but LOVE synthetic waffles!
2. "Honey Flavor" - It just gets you going and you loose yourself in all "that"
3. I didn't invent the waffle, but I didn't try to stop it - does that make me a good XR rider?
4. Hello, my name is Yellow the bee and you just dissed me for life. - Lawsuits to follow.
5. Stinger Waffles - bribing crappy riders like me to an unrealistic level playing field
6. I do have a major flaw and I am a guy who expects to get whatever he wants and to control any outcome. And itís inexcusable when you are sober and only have this waffle.
7. Is eating this waffle cheating? - No, and that that realization is "scary."
8. There is more happiness in the process, in the build, in the preparation. The eating of this waffle is almost phoned in.
9. Does this waffle have EPO in it? - yes
10. Did I mix this waffle with one of Bert's beers to dilute it and pass a drug test. - Of Course.
We hit the tunnel and decided it would be cool to walk the entire thing - The waffle was starting to make me tingle so we needed a break.
Getting....para - noid.
That dust is just residual...ok.
Ohhhh Lance.....that waffle is really kickin in bro.
Why am I so friggin Itchy!!!!!!!!
Hey ...Lance....It's snowing man.....It's snowing....
The other side:
Oh god - the waffle is truly making me see stars now..... must...get....OUT.
Ok....once that "energy waffle" wore off 3 hours later, we hit the trail and went to some other cool caves.
How many fingers? 4
how many caves? One
Let's take a break at Jawbone..Bert was quite upset at Lance as well. Mainly because I didn't give him any of my waffle.
Massive heart attack chili dogs were the special of the day.
We continued riding the open area at Jawbone. Ran across this guy who fubared his friends KTM He had eaten TWO WAFFLES...HOLY CRAP. No need for Mx boots, or protective pants. The XR team is on it with bailing wire.
Shawdows getting lower...
Find the sun, find the sun......I am sooooooooo cold..
One last break until we gotta get back.....I feel like just ditching the bike and running back to Ridgecrest....ya, I can make it...
It's getting COLD - but a great view,,,,,dude.
We headed back to Ridgecrest in the Dark and had some dinner and drinkys...
Around 100 miles per day for two days. More of a leisurely - no hurry pace.
I got more of them waffles. Better get some before they yank them from the shelves. They ARE some good SH*&^(.
You GO LANCE!
Send MORE WAFFLES!!!!!!!