Originally Posted by bross
I installed a Compufire on my Honda CBF1000 after the stator fried. It's a known problem with the CBFs, with some riders on the forum on their 3rd stator. Mine went at 24,000km and that's when I installed the Compufire, rode the bike another 16,000km and two years before selling it so I can't say for sure if the Compufire "fixed" the problem on the CBF or not. From my research and a few of us with CBFs who have tried them, they seemed to work and I had more confidence in the Compufire than running another stock unit that I knew would fry at some point.
Good to know... I have a compufire in my 800 currently