View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #97
Evomx971 OP
Planning Next Ride

Oddometer: 233
WNWT Day 14

BOOM... another great weather day in South Padre. Sun coming up over the gulf.

Hearty breakfast of oatmeal and a banana and time to hit the road. Need to lay down some miles today. As I pulled out of the parking lot, it was a major turning point for the ride. I went as far south in Texas as I could go... time to starting heading west to meet The Girlfriend in San Diego

Westbound and down...

Then mostly North up 16. Got to Hebbronville and considered heading westerly but decided to keep hauling north and end up in the Hill Country again. Going with what I know.

Texas showed me several different faces in today's ride.

Beach...

Desert...

Then back to the Hills...

The roads were all good condition and lightly traveled. Everything was high speed and straight but I had a really good ride. There really is something serene about the desert and the wide open spaces. Lots of new oil drilling happing in the area.

Saw my first Javelina (wild pig) today. I tried to get a pic but he was elusive... wouldn't quite run off, just wouldn't stay still. Didn't want to get too close, I guess they are seriously nasty if they get P.O.'d.

Crossed under I-35 at Devine. My house is about 2 miles off of I-35 back in Iowa. I checked with Senor Garmin and it's apparently 1029 miles away from this point. Hmm. Let's keep riding west...

Lots of motorcycles out on this warm day, was starting to wonder about Texas riders... good weather and this huge playground of a state but hadn't really seen many riders out till the temps got up into the 60's. I guess it's not really any different in Iowa...

The miles came easy today and I saw that it really wouldn't take much to land in Fredericksburg where I knew where I'd get a good room to plan my attack on Big Bend. Stayed at the same place as before.. "hi, I'm back". 407 miles for the day.

Was having a craving for pizza so went to the West End Pizza Company. Good pie, hit the spot.

Long phone call with The Girlfriend and off to sleep for another long riding day to get up to Fort Davis.
What Next Wander Tour http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853663

Evomx971 screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 06:32 AM
Evomx971 is offline   Reply With Quote