View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #2460
cat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Kronos,...slightly more than a kg - good. i thought there was nothing else, after the exhaust, that could be reduced much. I will take off the indicators (it is not likely, here, that the police notice,) but i need the 60/55W headlight. I had thought of adding auxiliary LED lights, but then i realised that if i do that, and the ZETA bash plate, and a rack, the best i could do is try to keep it from becoming more than the original weight. :-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Removed the spark plug too, because i was unable to unscrew the crankshaft hole cap
Big fender washer. File the sharp side smooth.
I have heard that the small spark plugs break easily, so i want to take mine out and put Loctite Anti-seize (the silver/aluminium type).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I seem to have the same problem as you are having with the bars being too low. For some reason, I'm just not sold on the bar riser thing. To me, they seem like an add on that doesn't belong...
Yes, me too. Just looks wrong. I've decided on the Zeta CX (7/8"), MX124, i think it is - pretty much the same as the OEM, just slightly less "sweep". I'm just waiting for Wheeling Cycle to get stock of the Zeta front sprocket cover so i can order them together.

Check the Zeta Racing website
http://www.zeta-racing.com/handlebar/cx_bar/index.html\
...there is a HANDLEBAR SIMULATOR that lets you select the CRF250L OEM handlebar and then one of the Zeta bars, and shows you graphically, beautifully, with all the measurements, what the differences are.

cat screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 10:04 PM
cat is offline   Reply With Quote