View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
mwilliamshs OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Trinidad because...

It's about as far as we have time to go before we have to turn around and come home. It has a decent motorcycle shop that's been mentioned in a few TAT Ride Reports and I'm sure by that time we'll need something, a tire, a tube, a new spare lever, etc. Plan is to camp 5 nights at state parks on the way to Trinidad, get a hotel there and spend a day doing laundry and catching up on bike maintenance, sportscenter, sleeping in a real bed, etc. Then spend about 3 days cruising home on backroads. 6 days home by dirt or 2 days by interstate, so I think 3 days by two-lane blacktops should be about right and that makes for a 9 day trip with 1 extra in case of emergency or delay plus 2 for prepping and packing and 2 for unpacking, washing bikes and clothes, which adds up to 14. 14 days on 2 wheels in 5 states over 2400 miles with my old man. I've done less with more.

Maybe you can recommend a clean, reasonably-priced hotel, maybe one with laundry or near a laundromat? Any must-sees or must-eats or must-avoid's in the area? Thanks!

mwilliamshs screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 10:10 PM Reason: remembering
mwilliamshs is offline   Reply With Quote