View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #35
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
On Saturday we stayed with my good buddy Robert in LA. He was an awesome host. Not only provided booze, food, and a place to crash but helped us do some bike maintenance. We changed out all the sprockets and chains to alleviate Alex of about 20 lbs of excess weight. Robert was invaluable for the tools and help he provided and we thank him very much.

Last night Alex and I stayed at my great Aunt Betty’s house in San Diego. She made us Lasagna with salad with her homemade blue cheese dressings…and some beer….excellent. She is also well travelled in Mexico and used to own a place in Rosarito on the Baja. She gave us some great info and insisted on us visiting Scammons lagoon for some whale watching/petting.

Woke up early today and hit Walgreen’s in San Diego for some Malaria pills, batteries, and some rubbing alcohol. It’s a long story but we didn’t have any white gas for my MSR XGK stove and thought alcohol would burn fine…..it didn’t.

Flew through the border around 9:30 AM in Tijuana and nobody stopped us. Nothing……so would drove to Ensada where we quickly got passport stamps and then headed out for Insurance. Everyone gave us different directions for different agency’s and by the time we found one (after 3 hours of intercity travel) they quoted us $170 for 60 days. Our original plan was to make it to San Felipe today but decided it was too late and opted for a hotel room in the city. Got the room, got fish tacos, got beer, got whiskey, got online, got our insurance. Then we tried to fire the stove in the room to rid my bags of some of the MRE’s but the alcohol would work.

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:

Romanousky screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 11:34 PM
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote