View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #3724
spqr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by almissoula View Post
Hi Tim, I've been looking at Summit road on the map and would love to check it out - it seems like the weather is warming up and if Feb looks nice I may go. Give me a shout if you plan on going and need a wingman - I am on an R1150GS but it should be fine up there. Do you know if its connected all the way, to Hecker Pass or do we need to double back? It looks like it but I'm not sure if there's a gate somewhere.

Cheers,
Alan
Summit was open as of a few days ago. There are gates but they are rarely closed (keep the noise down and the residents don't care). Buzzard lagoon is also a little fun, been meaning to get the bike down to the lagoon itself. There is also a pretty extensive network of dirt that leads down from summit to Uvas. Some of that area can get a little twitchy if you run into the wrong person. I usually throw the bags on and tell them I am 'In training' for another long overland trip. So far it works. Next Sunday I will take a run down that direction (or maybe Saturday).

If you are going to play on those road just remember to keep moving and keep the noise down. I have been stopped up there and told it was no problem but 'those damn kids on the dirt bikes' were not welcome. All part of the adventure.

If anyone wants to do a meet up during the week on the the SC side of the hill I can should be able to be talked down off my mountain.

My ride Report, I will finish it some day.

You pay your money, and you take your chances.

1983 R65 (sold to good home)
2001 Kawasaki Concours (Stacked and totaled)
1997 BMW F650 (Still rolling)
1987 kawasaki EX 500
2009 BMW F800 GS ('nough said)
2006 Kawasaki KLR 650 (The Mule)
spqr is offline   Reply With Quote