View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #52
snakeears OP
What did you say?

Oddometer: 97
Mt Hotham 2day loop

Been a while since I posted here, In May I snapped my PCL in my knee after a fall on a tricky climb so it has curtailed my dirt riding a bit so in the mean time while I got my knee back in shape I bought a road bike, picked up 2000 Kawasaki ZZR600.

So over New Years Eve I did a trip I have been wanting to do for a long time, a 1000K loop through the Victorian high country started with Ash (SV650) and Kev (VStrom)

Morning start out of Melbourne one of the guys forgets his new rego sticker so back he goes

Stopped in Eildon for a coffee a local came up and started a chat, turns out he is just out of jail

next stage was to Jameson - Mansfield - Whitfield - a beautiful twisty road with a side trip down a dirt road to Powers lookout

Road bikes handle better on dirt than I thought
s

We met up with Kevs brother Rolf(GS1100) near Rosewhite

Stopped for the night at the Snowline inn in Harrietville they let you park your bikes right at the door

Next morning was pristine, some say the Hotham rd is the best bike ride in the state I agree, stayed up on the summit for an hour before dropping into the next valley for breakfast in Omeo

after Omeo it a long twisty ride following the river into Gippsland then turn east to head back to Melbourne through Nojee

The Omeo valley is magic