View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #6990
davek181
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
We live in the wilderness here too, but my Honda motorcycle dealer still gets me parts in 2-4 days anyway. If it took much longer I would probably do it online too. I haven't bought anything for my Kawi lately to gauge their speed, same dealer though so that might be interesting.

I think it is the times and consumer demands that is changing the way dealers think, from the top down. I work on import cars for a living and both Honda and Toyota can have you parts overnight without freight if you order by their time limit. Toyota's limit is about 10 or 11 AM, Honda will send their order about 3 PM. Honda runs their own truck that gets filled at the big warehouse in Portland and travels at night to different dealers. The dealer in Spokane gets his order at 3-4 AM, and the dealer down here about 6 AM. The truck then returns home to get refilled. Quite efficient I would say. I have literally ordered parts at 3 in the afternoon and had them in my hand shortly after 8 AM. Consequently though due to that my local dealer carries very little stock on hand, and me too for that matter.
davek181 is offline   Reply With Quote