View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #182
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanya View Post
What stickers did you use, mine never stay on, or bubble badly

Nothing special. The oval was actually made on a copy machine using a sticker material. The KTM's are starting to bubble a bit after a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvmoto View Post
In the hot Australian summer I've been stranded for days waiting for the tank to come into shape enough to remount, I've had continuous fuel leaks from around the fuel pump. I've had several gaskets fail and the top mount on my bike is broken/bent from the expansion.

I had problems with mine West of the Mississippi on up in the Yukon and back. I could barely thread and un-thread the gas caps on and off. I blamed it on the gas from the region because shortly after getting home, they were fine and thread (twist) without issue.

Both of mine overall expanded and never retracted so what I did was take the bolt holes in the rear of the tower and cut them into slots. Then I left it hang there loosly while I bolted up the tanks and got everything aligned. Once I did that, I tightened the tower to the head tube. It is solid as a rock and makes life easy.

I have a 950 so the plate in the bottom was never taken out for any reasons. The cork may just work. I had an older Husky 250CR and hated it in tighter woods so the shop owner said to stuff chunks of cork into 2 of the transfer ports to make the jug identical to the 250WR. Supposedly if the cork comes out, the motor will safely digest it and spew it out the tail pipe. It was in there for 2 years, never disintegrated, never came loose and that was with premix soaking it in a near volatile location.

Good luck

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote