View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #332
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by therivermonster View Post
What kind of projects have you been working on?

BTW, if any of you out there reading this thread are working on any composites projects yourself, please feel free to post some pics and details of what you are doing. I would love to read about it, and I'm sure that others could learn a lot as well.
None! I used to repair all my Fiberglass/Kevlar Kayaks back in the day but it's been a few years...many years since I've worked on one of them. Plastic boats will do that to a fella.
Lately I've been thinking about getting into boat repairs, mainly plastic welding and fiberglass/Kevlar patching. I've known how to make plugs and molds but never had a reason to make one...yet. I don't have a heated space to work on projects like these at the present time though.
I was speaking to an old friend who repaired boats for a living and he mentioned that he repaired(patching) aluminum boats along with plastic and FG. That got me thinking about aluminum welding. Screw patches, we don't need no steenkin patches!
I've been a member since 2009 but very rarely come to the Garage. I happened to drop into the garage one day and saw Kirksters welding thread then I noticed your post here...and here I am! I'll be in the garage much more now.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote