Thread: ATM's in Baja
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,860
Anywhere there's much shopping going on there's $$$ to be had in Baja. Make certain to call the place that issues your card to state how long & where you'll be traveling. We even have it down to a certain person @ our credit union & a call to her, specifically!!! from problems of far from home and no cash on past trips abroad.
Get more $$$ than you'll need for just one day as they do run out(as stated) on weekends & holidays plus there may be a scam going on in the country traveling to & they sometimes block cards to "protect you"-really meaning them , as they have to cover the loss after a certain amt.. Small hotels & food & Pemex will often want cash only. The rate will be the best of your choices. Split money so all is never lost. Break large bills(meaning 200/500 peso notes) @ Pemex stops as its a poor country & local business don't carry much change.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote