Actually, just talked (OK, emailed) with the guy some more. The deal will probably exclude Paypal. He sends check. Check clears while I hold bike and title. He flys out in a month or so and gets bike. No "Paypal disputes". No worries. I just get to keep the bike in the back of the garage for a month or two. We'll see. Not desperate .. it's been only two days since it was put up for sale. Just don't want to get screwed. Don't want to pass up on a sale either. Thanks all for the sounding board.
"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."