View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
mwilliamshs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Got it!

Okay I've printed a parts manual for the 1999 350SE and compared it to the 1993 250S parts diagrams online at bikes-trikes-and-quads. I've gone through it page by page marking each line with a check for same or an X for different so I do at least know what will interchange between these two bikes and I've written the 250's part-numbers next to what doesn't interchange so I've basically consolidated two parts books into one (nearly all the diagrams are positively identical, in spite of different part #'s). I'm sure doing the same thing for two other bikes would be just as effective. Comparing two parts diagrams online is not nearly as easy as glancing from paper to screen and back and doing it this way has given me a permanent and portable reference but printing 200+ pages of a reference you'll rarely need and is available online for free is admittedly not ideal. I'm not posting the entire list here but I'm more than happy to answer a few specific questions and when I'm done I'll make a few generalized, categorical lists in my trip planning thread, "Dirt Noobs: Father&Son..."

Cheers!
mwilliamshs is offline   Reply With Quote