View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #8466
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post

Yes that is one way but there is a rather severe rock-garden along that route. Ok if you have some buddies along but not for a lone rider. There are also a couple of turns that if you miss'm you go into a locked gate near the Stanton Road.

These new fangled GPS and Map software use names that I have never heard of or do not match my memory... I've roamed this area for 34 years by Foot, Jeep, Mule-back, Quads and now with the XR. I can generally show ya where to go but don't ask me for a name as it Likely won't match your maps. Example; the first 25 years that I lived here what is now called Blue Tank Road was the Scenic Loop Road. What is now Scenic Loop Road used to be Moonlight Mesa Road. Sometimes it gets confusing for this O'l pea-brain to process.

When I'm making a quick run up to the Ranch House in Yarnell for some pancakes I go to the road, your map calls The Stanton Haul Road. It's graded about 1/2 way, only one gate, then you get into a rough area going to Angels Ranch Road that will slow ya down. Still the quickest route for me & my "100 degree day" Pancake run.
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote