View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Boredsurfer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Thank you for that feedback. I had head that they were better than the Heidenau K60's in every respect, but I was surprised to hear about the wet tarmac grip part. Good thing I live in SoCal - it never rains :)

I was speaking to the Canadian Mitas distributor yesterday who said he is trying to get better shipping options to the U.S. - I suggested he should find a way to secure the distribution rights for all of the U.S. too and he said that was a great idea and he would get to work on it :)

He thinks he should have more inventory and better shipping options squared away in a month. He also said that the "DAKAR" version (with the stiffer sidewall) wasn't worth the extra expense in his opinion, but that he will be getting the DAKAR version in a 21-inch at that time too. The difference in price is negligible between the 2, so why not just have the extra reassurance?

I just hope Mitas doesn't start playing games with pricing.... Even with the Canadian shipping surcharge, I was quoted less than the K60's. More to follow I'm sure....
Boredsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote