View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #26
flemsmith OP
lurk

Oddometer: 531
Dammit!

I saw that after I thought I had it mounted right. Turns out the disks did not align with the calipers til I turned the whole wheel around the other way. And I was trying to be so careful. Good news is that the front tire comes off real easily. Bad news is that my record so far on mounting tube tires without pinching is not much better than 50%. I was happy this one didn't end up with a leak, we'll see how happy I am when I try to turn it around. I'm pretty impressed that you caught me so quickly. For now I'm gonna put that on my to do list sometime in the future. Hopefully I'll remember to do it before I actually fire it up and start the ol debug process. How bad would it be if I fired it up first and changed that when I was ready for the first oil change and head retorque? Doubt I'd be doing anything agressive before then.

Guess it's a good thing to be sharing all my dirty laundry way out in the open like this. Plenty of sharp eyes to keep me honest.

And today I found out that I never actually ordered the rear wheel spacer part I've been waiting for....duh. At least it feels good to be over the flu finally.

roy
flemsmith is offline   Reply With Quote