TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Been watching ya'll vids.
Looks like some good fun riding.
TJ650 - Hopefully you can play tour guide again once it warms up a touch
It is fun, and there is nothing too tough. A full grown ADV bike can travel 90% of roads, and probably 100% if it has a chance to dry out.

If we talk real nice to, or maybe threaten, SandalScout, I'll bet we would put together a weekend based out of Energy Lake. Big bikes, little bikes, FJ's (RTL) It could be an epic weekend. I have threatened to get something together for a couple of years, but I'm just too lazy....I mean..., busy, to set a date.

We did not make it to the North end (because some JACKASS decided to run over a piece of BARBWIRE) but I feel like there is much more riding up there. Treemuncher had a great route laid out. Wal-Spikes first video is the warm-up on a Lake Barkley high speed dirt road. The first non-paved LBL road we hit was a great opener. I've been on it a few times before, but this was the first it was open all the way through.

Oh yea, one of the roads just North of Piney Campground has been freshly paved. If you have a street bike, GET THERE! That's all I have to say about that. Trust me!
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is online now   Reply With Quote