View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #847
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,971
Dwight,

You certainly seem a bit "down in the dumps". Hopefully, Argentina can pull you out of your slump.

I have to ask, and I have refrained from doing so because I didn't want to be offensive, but what did you expect the food to be like while you were travelling? There seems to be some great disappointment at the local fare. Personally, when I travelled a lot for work, I learned to try lots of new things to immerse myself in the local culture, and got to enjoy that part. My wife can certainly attest that stepping outside my comfort zone was NOT something I was akin to do very often, and now that I learned HOW to, travelling is certainly enriched.

I've been reading your RR with great interest because you are a fellow Maritimer, and having hosted Radioman last year who took a very similar route to yours and has had spectacular experiences, it almost seems from my perspective that you're not having much fun - and if that's not the case, I'll certainly read from the beginning again to see what I missed.

Stay safe, have fun and experience the culture! You're able to ride the trip I can only dream about right now!

Interested in attending the HU Maritimes 2014 Meeting? Click HERE!
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote