View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Ratchdaddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TooMany View Post
At risk of sounding like an ass, I think it's all in your head. The bike, stock, already runs so lean (and hot) that if it were running lean enough for the exhaust to get hotter, it wouldn't run at all. Just my two pennies..

Hmmmm, Well I didn't notice before that I couldn't keep my left foot in a proper riding position on the footpeg without it cooking my boot and my feet, but then I had only put about 30,000 miles on the bike ( most of them in the 80-120 degrees of the Southern California desert that I live in). I suppose you are right and I am just imagining the melted soles on my boots.

I don't pretend to know why it is so hot but thankyou for some of the helpful ideas. Should I check the valves again? They were good at 28K but maybe it wouldn't hurt.

Spoke to the dealer today and I am going to take it in to them on Friday. I have the feeling they don't believe me either. It should be nice and warm by the time I do 90 miles of super slab to get to them.
1977 Condor
1987 Honda Battle Spree

Ratchdaddy screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 08:41 PM Reason: spoke to dealer
Ratchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote