Creepy Death Valley
Our club (Creeps M/C) is planning a lil run to Death Valley at the end of March and need some experienced insight. We will be staying in Furnace Creek Camp and one of our day trips will be out to Ubehebe, Teakettle & Racetrack. Roughly 85 miles 1way! Originally, we were thinking to just double back from the Racetrack, but seems we might be pushing it for gas on a couple of the bikes. So I am wondering, would it be better to exit out through Lippencott and Saline Valley Rd? I haven't crunched the numbers, but it definitely looks shorter in miles. What about in time? How many hours of sunlight in late March?
Our current bike roster looks like:
- Low594 on KTM 640A 275mile range 18/21 heidenau K60Scouts [lil experience in dirt; did well thru Titus Canyon][1.5gallon Kolpin]
- DJ Cycles on BMW R1100GS 250mile range 17/19 K60Scouts [lots of dirt experience; did well thru Titus Canyon][1.5gallon in Kolpin]
- panda! on Suzuki DRZ400 275mile range 18/21 K60Scouts [very lil dirt experience; did well over Titus Canyon]
- jejtastic on KTM 690E 170?mile range 18/21 K60Scout [almost no dirt experience]
- (non-inmate) on Honda XR675L/SM 175?mile range 17/17 Heidenau K76 Sumo Tires [lil dirt experience]
- reaymorgan on Suzuki DR650 150?mile range 17/21 Bridgestone front/K60Scout rear [no dirt experience][1gallon car jug]
I'm kinda concerned about the 17s or will they be ok? All the riders are proficient street riders of more than 10 years each, but most have little to no time in the dirt.
Low594 screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 12:29 PM