View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #28300
AZstrommer
Long may she wave!

Oddometer: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal View Post
Damn! There are none of those around this whole area. Been looking for weeks and all the gun stores just laugh when I ask them. Range report asap please!
I don't mean to hijack his post butů

Range report - S&W M&P Shield 9.
Purchased/Delivered April 2012.
Approximate rounds - 1000+, All types and brands of ammo.
Daily carry ammo - CorBon Powerball +P or Hornaday Critical Defense.
Malfunctions - ZERO
Carried everyday.
Customers who have shot my gun - At least two dozen.
Accessories - Extra 8 round mag, Masters Leather pancake holster for Glock 26/27.

I work at a gun range as a sales/customer service rep, Range Safety Officer and Basic Pistol Instructor. I carry my Shield every day and shoot it at least twice a week. In my 1000+ rounds, I've had no malfunctions or abnormal wear. It's accurate enough for me to score 285/300 on my monthly qualification with timed shots from the holster as far as 45 feet. The CorBon Powerball ammo is pretty speedy (100gr bullet traveling 1425 fps) and spendy ($1.50/round) but it has great reviews. Everyone that shoots my Shield wants one. I've had customers offer me $650 for mine but I won't sell it. It's just too comfortable to carry and too hard to get another one. I was shooting mine a week after they were introduced because I stayed up almost all night on the internet the day they came out to order it. I got mine from Kentucky Gun Company and had it shipped to AZ.

I can comfortably pocket carry it with the seven round mag installed. If you get the 40 cal version, you can buy a 9mm barrel and mag and shoot cheaper ammoe(s).

We haven't received any Shields at the store for sale. We're waaaaay too small a dealer to get one anytime soon. Shoot, we just got a Ruger SR1911 the other day after ordering some 2 years ago!

Bottom line, if you see one, buy it!

AZ

We can't negate who we are, who we were, what we've done. Who we've loved, who we've hurt. Part of our human fabric. Who are are. I am the sum of all I have done before. I am imperfect, I am flawed. I am, however, aware of that. I desire happiness, I long for joy, always knowing the price, the balance. - Sabre
AZstrommer is offline   Reply With Quote