View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #114
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
The backrest on a givi topbox works well.
If you run a top box then simply cut a racetrack shaped longish oval of thinner plywood,drill two mtg holes with countersunk screws, also cut same shaped foam & cover with a small piece of black vinyl wrapped around and contact glued to back of ply wood, then fasten to predrilled holes in case with sealant around the holes. Easy to make & cheap & works better than the poorly padded mfg versions and moves with the case.
As to ABS, while I've never had it I have discussed it with true bike experts that teach police & public riding skills at a high level & they say it truly can save your life on the road. Riding many bikes since 1963 w/o ABS I hope to own my first new bike soon & it will have ABS. The Wee is the front runner so far. The man that writes on of the tech columns for the BMW MOA ON magazine said, that after riding the wee in NZ on a tour, that if(probably a big if but...) all their bikes melted into a puddle from a fire he might just go buy a wee as the one replacement bike as they are a sweet ride. My test ride confirmed it to be a good choice for me but too tall & thats fixable.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85

kantuckid screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 07:04 AM
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote