Originally Posted by Rex Nemo
Oooh, this sounds like fun.
Got the OK from NSFW to bring the Riders Recycle
booth and spread the word to noobs about oil and filter recycling. I'll see if I can bring any schwag (we don't have much at this point), and if possible I'll see if anyone wants to let me use their bike for oil change/ proper oil and filter recycling demonstrations.
TRUCKING - Heidi (Rex Nemo) plus 1 guest – [R x 2] + [TR2 x 2] + [D1 x 2] = $114 ($40 + $34 + $40)
Now...should I pay now, or wait to see if spots become available from the wait list?
heidi, by all means the good cause and your party are welcome. we did a similar "awareness" project during my 4wheelin days.
hope your friend recovers quickly and get to take the riding lessons.
Originally Posted by FYYFF
Just pay and you are IN. We will close the list this week
that's correct. we love to have more noobs to come to this event but we have to move on to the next page.
1. we will post a page for carpooling. less trucks, save you some $, and get to know each other even before the ride.
2. food - friday, sat and sunday
3. ride groups
4. post ride activities - jlewis riding demo, dinner and raffle. possibly a tire change demo on thursday night.
5. go through campground and national park rules and regulations
6. volunteers - ride leaders, campground help, recycling, food, first responders, communications, etc.
will be there, he's a factory trained mechanic. he'll bring basic and commonly needed spare parts (tubes for sure). you still need to carry your spare cable, levers, tubes, etc.
most of all bring at least $100 cash. this is your emergency money. if you get stranded somewhere on top of steele pass, we may be able to get couple of 4x4 and get you out, but you have to pay for the gas.
the desert is not a forgiving place - be prepared and take caution.