View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #808
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harty View Post
My Lynx arrive for my 690, 31 days after Ian sending it out, all down to bloody UK customs and ParcelForce having too much work on apparently!

This was meant to be my xmas project! Anyway rant over, I had a day off yesterday and set to fitting the Lynx, as well as my Garmin Montana, heated grips, USB charger, and relocation of my fuel mapping switch all onto the new dash. I opted for the HID dip beam and halogen high beam.

Here's the pics:
This is a comparison of the OEM light unit:

Dip Beam

Main Beam

MESSAGE TO IAN AT BRITANNIA: I NEED ONE OF THOSE NEW PROTECTORS ASAP!!

Will it fit mine and if so, when will it be ready to buy??

Cheers
So, Is the white 'theme' some sort of premonition of the new UK landscape ? Looks great !
I suspect your question about the new stone guard is going to be the first of many and I'm afraid the initial answer is 'no', the new fairing and guard have been designed together. However, I'm going to look into a way of creating a kit to make it fit the existing Lynx. Watch this space !

Seeing the power socket reminds me of another improvement in the works. Shortly, all Lynx wiring harnesses will come with 2 fused 'pigtails' that can be used for powering accessories and I will be supplying the power sockets as well. This means that accessory installation will be largely plug 'n play which will help the 'electrically challenged' guys out there !