View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #15525
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Farm View Post
So I'm really close to possibly going with a tiger 800 xc. But I am curious. With all the negative feedback they have recieved fo the abs on off procedure , What the possibility would be of triumph. Changing this on the new year To say , what the explorer has on the handlebar option like the Beemers . And thus making it worth waiting a couple months for th new year models to hit. I can't ride right now anyway where I'm from.
Thanx
Well I'm gonna give you my take and I may get flamed for it but here it goes. The ABS system on the Tiger is awsome. Works better than most from what I hear. That being said, yes, it is a pain in the ass turning on and off unless you do it a lot as to remember the steps. I now leave it on all the time. I believe most others do too from what I have read. I can see needing it going down a steep hill off road but thats about it. The bike is too great to let such a small item keep me away from the purchase.
I believe if they do anything different next year it would be adjustable forks and maybe a better shock. Thats what most people want to see.