Thread: Bike Cover
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #21
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Maybe you need to re-think that order, at least when you travel. Your trip will be pretty much ruined, if your bike gets stolen. Insurance or not. Besides, not everyone´s always been happy with what the insurance company has decided to pay them for their stolen bikes, so it can be a headache, even when you have that insurance. Might take some time to get that money, too.
Yeah, my trip would get ruined, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Rent a car, either finish the vacation or drive home.

I've had two cars stolen when I lived in Memphis. Both times it was a hassle, but all in all everything worked out okay.

I keep considering some sort of additional anti-theft security for the bike, I just haven't pulled the trigger, yet. Right now, I'm living in a small town where people really do leave their front doors unlocked and their keys in the ignition of their vehicles. I also have very good insurance.

When I travel, my anti-theft precautions are: parking in front of the hotel, and covering the bike.