View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
hahnelw
Just Mapping Another Ride

Oddometer: 591
Hi Nailer,

Thanks. Yes this part of the outback may not have the scale of some other areas in terms of iconic locations but you are right it has its own magic, and plenty to see and do if you do a bit of research before heading off. I am still keen to see more of that part of the state.

We treat the weather as a variable to be managed not a hindrance to the trip, and resetting the plan isnt a big deal as long as the crew take it in their stride, and with this group of guys it was no drama. We always try to limit the risk of bad weather by using the historic weather stats over the last 50 years from the BOM and it hasnt caused us to abandon any of our long trips. Usually just minor changes to routes sometimes required.

See you on the trail somewhere!

Cheers

Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nailer View Post
Thanks for the report, interesting with plenty of relevant pix, well done. On my trips there I have always enjoyed the vast landscape of remote western NSW, it has a beauty all of its own, as long a your not getting bogged or fried!
Mile marker 203 The gas gauge leanin on the edge of E and I'll be damned if the rain ain't pourin down Theres somethin smokin underneath the hood Its a bangin and a clangin and it cant be good And its another 50 miles to the nearest town
hahnelw is offline   Reply With Quote