View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #1188
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,555
From Helder's FB:

Hey guys I'm back to Portugal, went to this Dakar very well prepared both physically with technically and so, unless one or another mountain stage, never felt really fatigued. This project brought Honda back to Dakar, after the Japanese successes in African competitions the years 80, was filed just six months before the start of the rally and implied that this participation has been a big test for the future. Over the course of the rally we were rectifying, evolving and adjusting all situations that weren't as good as we wanted to, but the whole team has worked tremendously in giving his best and I'm sure the experience in these fifteen days will be extremely important for the future. Honda wants to win the Dakar as a brand and I want to win the Dakar as a pilot. The year 2013 will be hard work, eventually many races and trainings, for a return to the maximum force on the Dakar 2014. I am very pleased by the commitment that Honda did me and I thank you all that I have provided, a thank you is extended to my sponsors, TMN and Red Bull, and all sponsors, the people who work with me throughout the year, to my family, friends and to all of you who supported me in this new stage of my career.

On the HRC effort the latest video had Yamasaki-San saying they were looking at next year with a new structure, new machine, new team and budget!

That could mean a host of things and open season for the speculators, but on the team I would expect that the nucleus will stay, certainly sounds like Helder is?

We would expect to see Sam there, still much to show us?

Perhaps JC may not be racing next year, but he will of course be around for Honda during the year and we are yet to hear how Philipe is doing, so for the SA input who knows, but Javier did pretty good considering he was Philipe's no. 2.

For 2013 the season may just be beginning when the feeling for many after the Dakar, is that it is just over! - The annual Rally cycle, is the Dakar the end or the beginning?

Plenty to look forward to during 2013 and leading up to Dakar 2014.

http://youtu.be/9Kh_Gxf3w5M

Nice touch with the Brazilian flag
too old is offline   Reply With Quote