View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #113
AK Smitty OP
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 306
Santa Marta to Cartagena

This was stuck on the back of the door of my room that I ended up in after my little crash. Thought it was cool and checked out his blog.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

So after the test ride it was time to get moving again the next day. A very reasonable ride of around 240k to get my groove back. I was also planning on meeting the two Canadians(aka Team Smoke Screen aaka Mihai and Pawel), Whim and Pete for the weekend after they got off the Steel Rat.

The ride had a fair amount of truck traffic and was fairly uneventful. The Salamanca Park area had some good photo ops.

Barranquilla. A big port town. I have also heard a cool city but I kept moving to Cartagena.

Barranquilla to Cartagena has a newer road doesn't have hardly any trucks and is mostly new pavement. Was a real fun way to end the ride to Cartagena.

A few shots of Cartagena

Cartagena is a very cool city. So many pictures in the old city could be a postcard and then the beach is not too far away.

Full Cartagena skinny in the next post. Need to recover from all the beers with the guys I met up with. I also met the rest of the people on the Steel Rat. That boat sounded like an adventure. I am glad a I flew if for no other reason it gave me an extra week in Colombia.
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote