View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #70
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,367
I really enjoy bead threads. They are ceramic, if "Dyna Beads" the air gun pellets are the plastic. As to making a mess, that's hardly the case as these pellets are very tiny-similar in size to maybe #12 shot like's in a .22 birdshot shell-definitely smaller than #9 shot,as an e.g.. I find it easy to recycle them. If I drop a few , no big deal & if your shop is like mine a stray ceramic bead thats around 1/32" in diameter won't cause much problem. I do dislike hunting for those stray bearing balls that escape from MC steering heads!
I reweigh what I catch(I dump them on a plastic scrap when changing tires) & use over. Takes little effort to lay there on a creeper & tap the clear plastic tube as they roll into the stem. My tires are smooth for the life of the tire, no matter the wear pattern.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is online now   Reply With Quote