View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #2708
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,322
'03 tiger 955i to 21' fron tconversion,,what's needed??? $$$=???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
I am in the process of purchasing an 03 Tiger 955i that will predominantly do dirt duty. I want to make a 21" front. Can you give me an idea what that will entail? I saw those BMW wheels a few entries back with the Galfer wave rotors. Do those work better than standard rotors? Do you think a Tiger could get by with one Galfer wave rotor?
hi,,
1,,,if you have a wire wheel ,it will simply entail sending in or us building /sending you a kit

2,,,the Galfers and their green pad combo is a favorite,,,they are lighter and work better than most stock set-ups...

3,,regarding swapping to one rotor ...most folks won't be needing the additional braking off-road that a dual disc set-up offers,,,then you have the additional handling gains off-road that a lighter set-up offers. FYI,,converting to one disc will make it harder to squeeze the brake often necessitating a smaller diameter master cylinder....some folks like that it is harder[oops that didn't sound right],,,because they can't over-brake in the dirt/loose stuff

gotta run

woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote