View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #101
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Its definently a different kind of riding.
2-up on a dirtbike or motard is pretty aweful but for the shortest distances. No, it isn't really fun for a back road blitz type of ride either, the bike doesn't handle well, and nobody wants to kill/maim their favorite girl.

But if you go to the other end of the motorycle spectrum, some of the big touring/sporttouring bikes hardly register the weight of a pillion. Its fun to bring someone else along sometimes.
Bullshit. 2 up on a motard is a fucking blast....

We did 1500 miles in 4 days. Lots of twisties and gravel. I think she enjoyed it even more than I did, She bought her first bike a few weeks after this trip.

Spent lots of time at the gap, I was actually afraid to ride it without her on the back, even though she offered. I have almost zero solo twisty road experience on the 625, every time i ride somewhere good she wants to go. The only time i ride it solo is commuting.

She is hands down the best passenger i have ever had though. I got second place in the "slow race" at VMD with her on the back. We beat a bunch of solo riders on mopeds.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote